10 artificial intelligence hubs in India to gain ground in 2022
These cities will thrive in artificial intelligence development in 2022
The Covid-19 pandemic has accelerated the way we perceive our personal and professional environments. Several companies and countries are experimenting with cutting-edge technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning and data science to re-explore the possibilities of new working conditions and re-evaluate business processes in an advanced digital way. Among all countries, India has emerged as a leader in the adoption of AI across all industry sectors, with over 90% of companies working with or planning to invest in AI solutions. In addition to this, there are several AI hubs in India that are more advanced than other parts of the country. These artificial intelligence hubs are cities with massive adoption of technology and several high-tech companies, contributing massively to the economic growth of the country. In this article, we’ve listed the top AI hubs in India that will grow in importance in 2022.
- Bangalore: Bangalore is known as the IT capital of India and the country’s global information technology hub. This city is known to be the Silicon Valley of India as it is home to some of the leading technology and software companies, like Infosys, Wipro, and Mindtree. Recently, Bangalore gained the fifth position in the list of AI hotspots in the developing world and also obtained a favorable score on the cost of living.
- Hyderabad: Hyderabad is known as the Hitech City of India and is the largest exporter of information technology. It is also the first destination in India for the Microsoft development center. According to research conducted by the country’s technology experts, Telangana is one of the main adopters of artificial intelligence. For this reason, the focus is on Hyderabad itself, as it has also recently become home to many advanced AI start-ups.
- Bombay: Mumbai is not only the financial capital of the country, but is also home to several advanced AI initiatives that local residents use on a daily basis. Recently, Western Indian Railways installed an AI-based locomotive inspection system at the Bandra terminal. This AI system aims to perform the manual locomotive inspection system automatically in minutes instead of hours.
- Chennai: The city of Chennai has world-class infrastructure and is a fast emerging destination for IT outsourcing. The government of Tamil Nadu has spoken out on its policies on AI, blockchain and cybersecurity. In view of this phenomenon, Chennai has become a hub for lucrative AI opportunities, with an incredible AI infrastructure.
- BOOK REVIEW: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND COMPUTER LOGIC – COGNITIVE TECHNOLOGY FOR BUSINESS ANALYSIS OF AI
- TOP 10 AI EDGE TRENDS AND PREDICTIONS TO WATCH IN 2022
- AIBRAIN: PROVIDING EXCELLENCE IN ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE APPLICATIONS
- Delhi: Delhi, along with its neighboring regions like Noida, Greater Noida, and Faridabad, is currently teeming with a healthy technological infrastructure. Delhi’s IT hub offers promising employment opportunities and is home to several international software companies and start-ups.
- Pune: The city of Pune has grown tremendously and is known to have become a favorable destination for AI start-ups and entrepreneurs. Pune is also a top choice for software developers as it is home to other big tech companies.
- Gurugram: Just like Delhi, Gurugram is also home to a healthy technological environment. There are several AI start-ups and aspiring AI entrepreneurs who want to try their luck in AI innovations and development.
- Calcutta: Kolkata, also known as the “City of Joy” is the only computer hub in the eastern region of India. The Salt Lake City area of Calcutta is teeming with IT companies like Honeywell, Cognizant, Wipro, IBM, and Accenture, to name a few. The city also has other AI start-ups that are facilitating advancements in the industry with their AI initiatives.
- Coimbatoré: Coimbatore represents several AI start-ups advancing the global AI infrastructure. Many of the city’s businesses are supporting AI-powered digital transformation initiatives for large tech companies.
- Ahmedabad: Ahmedabad has a thriving technological infrastructure, with several government initiatives to utilize advances in artificial intelligence, IoT and machine learning.
Share this article
About the Author
More info about the author